The Engine Rooms of the Economy
Data Centres are the engine rooms of industry. The Data Centre market has been evolving constantly to keep abreast of technology trends, such as virtualisation, densification and cloud computing. Whether you are a user of technology services, a provider or an investor, Data Centres are mission critical and occupy a crucial role in the fabric of the global economy.
With 30 years of experience and a global footprint, PTS is able to offer holistic solutions to Data Centre users, owners and investors as the market continues to evolve and present new challenges. Our ability to consult across the key Data Centre disciplines of IT, Critical Systems Engineering (CSE) and Facilities Management (FM) means that we offer a one-stop service covering all elements of a Data Centre project’s life cycle from strategy, through to design, migration planning, execution and on-going support. Post-occupancy, PTS can add value by optimising operations, energy resources and technology usage, and investigating Data Centre incidents and outages with forensic services.
Integral to this service offering is unparalleled market intelligence, including extensive data on thousands of Data Centres around the world. This helps us tailor innovative solutions for our clients, especially during the strategy and planning phase where it is vital to make the correct decisions.
We have also developed the STARS accreditation system, an in-depth assessment tool for any operating Data Centre facility, regardless of age. Assessing the operational management, mechanical electrical systems and the physical IT infrastructure characteristics of the facility, STARS yields an independent, objective, repeatable and globally applicable rating. A STARS accreditation brings peace of mind to Data Centre owners, providers, tenants and investors alike, allowing each to make sound Data Centre investment decisions.
PTS is uniquely placed to assist clients in deriving optimal value and efficiencies from their Data Centre environment, in both the design and operation stages of the facility.
You can find more about the STARS accreditation system here >>
- How Cloud will change the Data Centres Marketplace read more >>
- The Path to an Energy Efficient Data Centre read more >>
- Selecting Cloud Services – a Rocky Road to Success read more >>
- A solid strategy for the cloud read more >>
- Progress of Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) deployments in the industry more >>
- The challenges of managing ageing Data Centres more >>
- Star-gazing more >>
- How the STARS rating system could prevent Data Centre outages more >>
- Is Data Centre efficiency as simple as PUE..? more >>
- Is the Trading Floor still a Data Centre? more >>
- The Green Cross Code of Data Centre relocations more >>
- Due diligence as part of Data Centre management? more >>
- The auspices of Tri-generation in the Data Centre more >>
- The growing importance of the Data Centre for Service Management more >>
- Is Financial Meltdown Melting your Data Centre? more >>
- 1+1=4...The rationale behind Data Centre Tier Class more >>
- European and US vs Japanese CRAC/CRAH units: Comparison of Control Methodologies more >>
- European and US vs Japanese CRAC/CRAH units: Comparison of Sizing Methodologies more >>
- Cisco: PTS collaborates with Cisco Systems delivering Data Centre Consultancy and PTS STARS to open up pathway to future business growth at large Philippines-based Service Provider
- CMC Markets:
CMC Markets successfully trades in existing premises for new City of
London HQ incorporating state of the art IT infrastructure and Data
- Rathbones: Rathbones set to make efficient use of the workplace thanks to successful Data Centre relocation.
- Svenska Handelsbanken: Flexible Business Continuity thanks to new Data Centre at Svenska Handelsbanken.
- Global Banking Organisation: Client achieved delivery of European strategic IT Infrastructure platform with PTS’ PMO assistance that enabled operational transformation in one of the most ambitious Data Centre projects of its kind.
- Global Financial Services Firm Data Centre Migration: A leading financial services company successfully relocates its Primary Data Centre including data storage, networks, market data and over 300 servers to a newly fitted out facility in Tokyo, Japan.
- Global Financial Services Firm, Tokyo: Global Financial Services Firm revels in success of migration to new premier Data Centre facility in Tokyo thanks to professional Application Migration services from PTS.
- Global Financial Services Institution, US: PTS Consulting conducted an extensive assessment of the bank’s primary Data Centre facility, reviewing location, operational efficiency and areas of potential risk.
- Global Financial Services Firm, US: PTS Consulting functioned as the Client’s Critical Systems Trusted Advisor for the critical infrastructure design of an office and Data Centre in Lithuania.
- Global Financial Services Provider, US: Using
the proprietary tool STARS (Site Tier Allocation Rating System), PTS
Consulting assisted a global financial services provider to undertake an
extensive assessment of its Data Centre facilities and highlight
potential areas of operational risk.
- Global Financial Services Provider: Using
proprietary tool STARS (Site Tier Allocation Rating System), PTS
Consulting assists a global financial services provider in Hong Kong to
undertake an extensive assessment of its Data Centre facilities and
highlight potential issues for future expansion.
- Global Fund Management Company: PTS provided a seamless one-stop Data Centre relocation service from site selection and due diligence through to a live facility in Hong Kong.
- A Hotel Chain: PTS Consulting worked to design and implement the first hotel in the Dubai Palm Island region with a Data Centre serving a fully converged IP network.
- Experian: PTS Consulting’s specialist technical expertise supports complex UK Data Centre migration.
- Global Law Firm, Hong Kong: A big ‘Thank You’ goes to the PTS Consulting team for seamlessly keeping up the tradition of successful DC moves.
- Northamptonshire County Council:
With the assistance of PTS Consulting, the main Data Centre is assessed
using the PTS STARS (Site Tier Allocation Rating System) service.
- feasibility of creating a new Data Centre to meet technological and business changes.
- University of Southampton: Thanks to PTS Consulting, the University of Southampton has a Data Centre strategy looking forward 15 years.
- University of Sussex: University of Sussex is delighted to be top of the energy efficiency class as new campus Data Centre smashes its PUE target.